Learn About Lake Vermilion
Lake Vermilion is located in St. Louis county in Northern Minnesota. Nearby cities include Tower, Ely, Soudan and Murray.
With nearly 40,000 navigable acres, more than 12 types of fish, and more than enough campsites, Lake Vermilion is a premier vacation destination in Minnesota.
The DNR last surveyed Lake Vermilion in 2008. Below are some statistics from the DNR report.
Lake Area (acres): 39271
Littoral Area (acres): 15006
Maximum Depth (ft): 76
Water Clarity (ft): 7.6 (4-10)
Types of Fish on Lake Vermilion
- Northern Pike
- Smallmouth Bass
- Largemouth Bass
- Yellow Perch
- Rock Bass
- Brown Bullhead
- White Sucker
10 Things to do in and around Lake Vermilion
- Go off your Houseboat Slide and take a Swim.
- Catch some rays on your houseboat's sun deck.
- Grill out with Friends and Family.
- Build a campfire and make S'mores.
- Relax and read a book.
- Catch some Fish.
- Play Golf at a championship course (The Wilderness at Fortune Bay).
- Go Hiking and Biking on local trails.
- Win some money at Fortune Bay Casino.
- Go sight seeing at one of the many natural and local attractions.
Lake Vermilion Contacts
Area Fisheries Supervisor
650 Hwy 169
Tower, MN 55790
Phone: (218) 753-2580